There are many difficulties of being a new mother, and one of them is dealing teething pain in children. There are a variety of remedies that have been evaluated by experts , such as the use of toys for teething such as teething mittens, teething medication gels, Amber bracelets for teething.
While they’ve been proven to be effective but they only last some time before a different solution is required. So, over the years, the new parents have begun using Baltic amber necklaces for teething to help calm their infants.
It is a natural treatment for teething, I’ll guide you through a short tour to help you find the answer to the questions you have.
What is Estonian Amber Teething Necklaces?
Baltic Amber teething necklaces are constructed of amber beads that are non-toxic and hung by a thread that is strong, so as to stop them from cracking. They contain an organic substance called Succinic acid (later called amber acid). While the jewelry is placed on the skin heats to match our body temperature. It then releases the amber acid, which is then in the bloodstream.
Necklaces designed for infants and toddlers are the most effective solutions to teething discomfort. They are usually placed around your neck, or as a necklace or bracelet (by doubly wrapping it around the ankle or wrist) It is considered as a safe treatment for pain, particularly when teething.
Why do babies love Amber Teething Necklaces?
Amber teething necklaces made of Baltic amber are utilized in the past to provide effective way to ease pain during teething in children. The reason for this is that the amber acid released by the gemstones when heated due to body temperature, is a source of relief from pain elements that reduce discomfort that comes from teething and gums that are swelling. Amber teething necklaces offer additional benefits, including helping to boost the immune system to reduce irritation within the respiratory tract as well as lessen the amount of drooling. The effect could be different for every child, but generally within 2 to 3 weeks you will notice a change.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) categorizes amber acid as secure according to the “Food Chemicals Codex” 3rd Ed. (1981), pp. 314-315. This is because it is naturally found in both animals and plants that humans consume.
What are necklaces made of Amber Teething Useful for?
Amber teething necklaces can be beneficial for children and for those who have teething issues. Apart from the fact they’re a natural cure and are a great gift for your child, these necklaces have an array of health advantages.
It reduces the pain of teething caused by discomfort and inflammation caused by the teeth as they cut through the gum.
Reduces Gum Inflammation.
- It stimulates the thyroid gland, that reduces drooling.
- Amber acid, which is present in amber is believed to boost your body’s immune system.
- Amber acid is a substance that can boost the brain’s nervous system, causing it to ease tension and decrease stress. This can be helpful when a baby is anxious during the teething.
In the end, the amber acid found in the amber necklaces for teething has been found to be safe as well as stable and safe for the human body.
What Should An Amber Teething Necklace Be Designed?
Children can begin wearing the amber necklace for teething from as early up to 3 months up until they reach the age of 3 (around the time when the teething ceases). A start earlier will allow your child to get comfortable being able to wear it. However, parents should be extra careful throughout this time, making sure that their child is safe and is never left alone, even for a brief period of time.
Here are three steps to finding the perfect size and size for your baby’s amber-teething necklace:
1. The first step is to take either a string, a ribbon or a piece of yarn. Place it in the baby’s neck to find the proper shape.
2. It should not be too loose, or too tight around the neck of the baby. The tight-fitting necklaces can make babies uncomfortable. Necklaces that are loose-fitting allow children to hold them up to their mouths as well as play with it. This could increase the risk of chewing on it. It is not advised.
3. Take a measurement using the help of a measuring tape or the online ruler tool to determine the proper size.
12.5″ The typical size for the necklace, that is suitable for toddlers and infants aged between 3 months to 6 years.
How do I Use the Amber Teething Necklace?
After you have chosen the ideal shade (for instance, see here) then put it on the neck of your baby, and secure it with an adjustable screw clasp. The necklace should be placed at an appropriate height on the neck of your baby. It shouldn’t be so tight that it makes it too uncomfortable to allow your child to walk around freely and neither should it be too loose that it’s not possible to put the necklace on the baby’s neck.
Take it off only during sleep time and at bedtime to avoid any risk of choking. Additionally, ensure that your baby is watched attentively at all times they wear the necklace. If you’re sure your child is safe it is possible to wear your amber necklaces as an anklet or bracelet when your baby is asleep. This could have a less soothing result because amber performs best when it is placed near the area of pain.
To avoid incidents, I would recommend wearing your necklace for teeth only when the supervision is in place.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Use these tips to ensure that your baby’s jewelry free of any germs:
- Use lukewarm water to gently clean the necklace using your hands. Give it a second wash in a bowl of lukewarm water in case you require.
- Dry it bead-by-bead (if it is possible) using a clean and soft cloth. Ensure that you dry it completely
- Dry it out in the air prior to storing it to avoid the beads discoloring. Be sure to don’t dry it in direct sunlight since the UV rays and heat could harm the beads.
- It is possible to polish your necklace using olive oil applied to the soft surface of a piece of cotton or cloth. Make sure to polish each bead separately.
Safety Measures: ‘Dos ‘ and Don’ts’
When used in practice, amber teething necklaces can be safe for children See what other parents comment on them! They are made with care using a strong thread that has knots in between each of the beads and a secure screw clasp to stop the beads from slipping loose easily. But, caution must be taken since children are highly curious and unpredictable.
Here are some “dos” and don’ts’ to consider for your amber teething necklace
- Make sure to check the necklace frequently to ensure that there is no damage. This will reduce the chance of injury in the event that broken beads occur.
- Make sure to clean it regularly using lukewarm water and then dab it dry using the help of a soft cloth.
- Make sure that the beads do not rub against each other or any other hard surfaces. You can store the necklace in a ziplock bag covered in any fabric or in your Amber Guru packaging that is lined with a soft cloth to keep any of the beads on the surface from becoming scratched.
- Include a drop or two of olive oil into liquid to provide your necklace a sparkling look. Clean it with an absorbent cloth and watch the shine!
- Avoid placing it near or within chlorine, detergents or other powerful solutions. This is due to the fact that these chemicals weaken succinic acid, removing its healing properties.
- Wear your amber pendant to the spa or in the pool water.
- Don’t store it directly in the sun or in the heat, as it will be damaged by heat or sun.
- Avoid using hot water while cleaning.
- Do not let your children chewing on necklaces.
- Don’t leave your child in the care of a stranger or let them go to the bed with their necklaces on. This could result in a serious strangulation or choking danger.
- Don’t buy an item that is too big or too snug for the child you are buying it.
Is Amber Work for everyone?
Amber jewelry and necklaces are suitable for children as well as adults. The great thing about Amber jewelry is the fact that it comes with a wealth of advantages in their natural state. They not only provide relief from pain, but they also boost immunity!
If you’re looking for jewelry for your teething baby or to yourself as an accessory, there’s plenty to be delighted about these beautiful jewels. From their stunning shades (multicolor lemon, butterscotch black, honey cognac, and green) to sizes that can be customized they can be customized to exactly the way you want them.
If you’re purchasing jewelry for the health advantages, you should consider lighter shades. The reason for this is that the more light the amber the higher in succinic acid it has, releasing greater amounts of the natural benefits that keep wearers at ease and healthy.
Are You Ready to Buy One?
Amber teething necklaces easy to wear however, their many advantages will benefit those who are who is struggling with teething. Parents and teenagers can benefit from amber necklaces designed for adults! Amber has been in use for a long time and is has been used in a never-ending manner, which is why it continues to preserve its history as”The “Gold of Lithuania.”