Do you want to sell your house or rent out your apartment? You will be better positioned to sell the property if you have updated copies of the Landlord Certificates London in your possession. This ensures that all gas and electrical installations are safe for the next person to occupy the property and provides very little to no risk to them.
Therefore, call us immediately to set up a convenient appointment for the safety inspection. If you use the services provided by London Property Inspections, you can rest confident that Landlord Certificates London will be performed thoroughly, and the prices will be pretty low.
As a landlord, you have the responsibility to prioritize ensuring the Landlord Certificates London of your tenants within the space they rent from you. Suppose your building is judged to be unsuitable for its intended use. In that case, you could face harsh penalties such as a £5,000 fine, six months in jail, the possibility of facing criminal charges in the event of an accident or death, and the nullification of your property insurance. Please read the information on the law below, and find out how London Property Inspections can assist you in ensuring that you do not violate it.
The Legal System
Knowing the law that applies to the property you have a stake in is essential and helpful, regardless of whether you are a landlord or a renter. In this way, you will avoid getting into any sticky circumstances and will be able to get the most out of the lease agreement you have signed.
The Safety of Gas
A great deal of responsibility for the tenants’ well-being rests on the shoulders of the landlords. According to the Gas Safety (installation and usage) Regulations 1998, landlords must have a gas safety check and certificate granted to them at least once per year. This certificate must be issued by an engineer registered with the Landlord Certificates London.
The gas engineer will inspect any appliances provided to the tenants by the landlord, including any and all gas flues and piping located within the property. The landlord must provide the renter or tenants with a copy of the certificate either before they move in or within 28 days following the check, whichever comes first.
The following items must be included on the Gas Safety Certificate:
- Information about the Gas Engineer, including his signature
- The date that appears on the check
- The location of the property’s address
- The particulars of the landlord
- An inventory that includes the locations of the flue and any appliances, as well as their current conditions,
- A description of any issues that arose and the solutions that were implemented
- A declaration attests to the fact that the inspection has been finished. And carried out in line with the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.
- If landlords are found to violate these restrictions. They could be subject to a hefty fine and a prison sentence of up to six months. Also, depending on the severity of the violation. Don’t let it be you!
Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate
Electrical Safety Unlike the regulations governing gas safety in rented buildings. Those governing electrical safety in these types of dwellings are rather more permissive. According to the Landlord and Tenant Act of 1985. An electrical installation in a home must be in a safe condition before a tenancy may commence. And it must continue to be in a safe condition for the duration of the rental.
Every five years, landlords in London are responsible for commissioning a professional inspection of their properties. This is likewise the case in England and Wales in relation to homes with more than one family (HMO). In London, landlords of other properties are exempt from the requirement that they conduct regular electrical inspections. Despite this, London Property Inspections strongly suggests that a landlord electrical safety certificate be obtained consistently.
The report is going to:
- Expose any potential threats to public safety.
- Find any instances of improper electrical work.
- Show me any circuits or equipment that over burden.
- Verify that the maintenance on the equipment have perform appropriately.
- Determine the level of any wear and tear or damage that has occurred.
- Because of all of these factors, performing routine electrical checks is highly valuable.
Ensure That Your Tenants and Occupants Do Not Have Anything to Worry About.
London Property Inspections Can Help With the Following:
- CP12 – Certificates of Competency for Landlord Certificates London
- Certificate of Proficiency in Gas Safety
- Gas Safety Certificate Cost London
- Detection and repair of problems with heating equipment or radiators
- Maintenance performed on flames and boilers
- EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
- Reports on the visual inspection
- Certificates of Energy Efficiency and Performance (EPC)
- Reports of Regularly Scheduled Inspections