This blog article illustrates how to fix Roku AirPlay not working, could this be the solution that you are looking for?
Roku AirPlay Not Working?
If you’re experiencing problems with your Roku AirPlay functionality, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure your device is updated. Roku releases new firmware updates frequently, and these updates may fix some AirPlay issues. Check for an update by going to the Roku website and clicking on the “Check for Updates” button on your Roku device’s main screen. If there are no updates available, check for new firmware updates by going to Settings > System > Update System.
- Disable Bluetooth and other unnecessary devices on your network. Many devices send interference signals that can disrupt AirPlay. To disable Bluetooth, go to Settings > System > Network and disable any devices you don’t need enabled.
Restart Your Roku TV or Streaming Device
If you are having problems with Roku AirPlay not working, there is a few things you can try before taking your device to a repair person.
First, restart your Roku TV or streaming device. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging and plugging in your Roku again. If that still doesn’t work, try deleting the AirPlay channel from your Roku TV or streaming device and then reinstalling it. Finally, if none of those tips work, you may need to take your device to a repair person.
If your Roku AirPlay isn’t working, try restarting your TV or streaming device. Here’s how:
- Turn off your TV and Roku.
- Wait about 5 seconds until your TV turns back on.
- Press and hold the power button on your Roku for about 8 seconds. (This will reset your Roku.)
- Connect your Roku to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- Press the home button on your remote and then select the “Roku” icon on the main screen of your TV.
- Select “Settings” from the menu that appears, and then select “AirPlay. In either case, ensure you’re in the correct AirPlay category by selecting “Media Streaming Device” from the list below.
- Enable AirPlay by pressing the blue checkmark next to “AirPlay Enabled.” Your Roku should now start broadcasting content to your TV via AirPlay.
Make Sure Devices are on the Same Network
If you’re having trouble AirPlaying from your Roku to your Apple TV or other devices, make sure they’re on the same network. You can check this by opening System Preferences on your Mac or Windows PC and looking under “Network.” If they’re not on the same network, you’ll have to try connecting them manually.
If your Roku AirPlay is not working, ensure your devices are on the same network. This can be checked by going to the Settings menu on your Roku and selecting “Roku Networking.” From here, you can see which devices are connected to your Roku and which ones are not. One of your devices is not connected, try connecting it to a different network jack on your TV or PC.
Double-Check that AirPlay is Enabled
If AirPlay is not enabled on your Roku device, follow these steps to enable it:
- Open the Roku home screen.
- Select Settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.
3.Select AirPlay from the list on the right side of the screen.
4.If AirPlay is not enabled, make sure that the checkbox next to Enable AirPlay is checked.
If All Else Fails, Contact Roku Support
If your Roku AirPlay isn’t working, you can try a few things before contacting Roku support. First, If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your Roku by turning it off and then back on. Finally, if all else fails, you can contact Roku support for help troubleshooting the issue.