“The internet has never been more reliable or accessible in my house since I set up my Orbi router. The setup via orbilogin.net went well, however after a few days, the Orbi’s LED light stopped blinking and stayed a steady blue. Especially at night, this is really bothering me. Could you assist me in resolving the blue light on my Orbi issue?”
Recently, a problem was identified by a Netgear Orbi user. We speculated that the user’s Orbi blue light problem may have been caused by a technical issue. Recently, though, we have seen a spike in requests for assistance with this same issue. To help you resolve the blue light of death on your Orbi device, we have compiled this blog post detailing all of the possible troubleshooting steps you may take.
How to Fix Netgear Orbi Blue Light Issue?
- Reboot the Netgear Orbi Device
In many cases, just restarting your Orbi may fix the blue light problem. Absolutely, you have not misread! Technical issues that prohibit a WiFi equipment from functioning optimally may often be fixed by cycling power. Below are the measures to put into action:
It’s time to power off the Orbi network and satellite.
- Take them out of their plugs.
- Wait a while for both devices to become dead.
- Get them back into their respective plugs.
- Turn on each device individually to see whether the Orbi blue light is still on.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
If the firmware on your Orbi is out of date, you may also see the blue light of death. Fixing the issue may require upgrading the firmware on both your Orbi router and satellite. An Orbi firmware update is required.
- In order to access your Orbi, go to the orbilogin.com URL.
- Go to Menu > Router Settings
- You’ll see a menu of possibilities. There, look for the option to “Check for Updates” and click it.
- If you are prompted to upgrade the firmware on your Orbi, choose that option.
- Then, finish the Orbi firmware upgrade by following the on-screen prompts. In the same manner that your Orbi satellite’s firmware may be updated.
Once you are done updating the firmware of your device, try to give it some time to reboot. Reboot is really necessary after the firmware update process. Or else, you might experience technical issues in the future.
- Do Factory Default Reset
Resetting your Orbi to factory settings is your last ditch effort to repair the blue light problem. If the blue light on your Orbi doesn’t go away, improper setup is likely to blame. In order to return your Orbi to its original settings:
- Be sure that your Orbi is connected to a power source.
- Now, examine your Orbi from every angle to find the Reset button.
- The Reset button on your Orbi may be pressed with a paper clip.
- As soon as the Orbi’s power LED begins flashing amber, you may stop holding the button.
- So long! Here is how to return your Orbi to factory settings.
You should now re-configure your Orbi according to the official instructions. Once your device has been reconfigured, you should no longer have the Orbi blue light problem. For your information, you can reconfigure your device by accessing the Netgear Orbi login as well as using the Netgear Orbi app.
This brings to a close our post that was prepared on how to troubleshoot the blue light problem with the Netgear Orbi. If you’re still having trouble with this, you could want to talk to some of the other people who are reading the same thing as you. A fruitful conversation may give rise to some excellent ideas for addressing the blue light problem with the Netgear Orbi.