When it comes to transporting bulk chemicals, it has unique challenges and risk, which needs to be considered beforehand. Using this guide will be helpful for you in finding the right shipping company and making your transportation project safe, lawful, and profitable.
- Typically, shipping of bulk chemicals is done in three ways and that are tanker truck, cargo ship, and railcar.
- Bulk tanker trucks are used for shipping liquid chemicals, compressed gas, and dry solid chemicals. These tankers have the capacity to hold 7,000 gallons.
- Railcars are best for delivering a very large volume of shipments depending on the location of delivery especially when it’s within the country. Moreover, the capacity of railcars is huge.
Marine shipping has been a common shipping method that is considered for importing and exporting high volume chemicals. They are shipped by specially designed ships fitted with all necessary tools and equipment to avoid potential hazards. With a well-trained team of drivers with more than decades of experience in handling hazardous chemicals, Anahuac Transport is an expert shipping group in the US. They are known for shipping bulk hazardous chemical compounds and have been prepared with needed machinery and safety gear that are essential as per the rule of DOT.
Before shipping your chemicals, it is important for you to know about the substances especially as they need to be delivered safely and in conformity with the laws. Accordingly
Know Your Chemical
It is mandatory for you to let your hauler know about the type of chemical so that they can suggest you the right shipping container and take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of common people. Depending on the type of shipment, the method of loading and unloading also differs for the safe delivery of your bulk substances. The information you need to provide include
- Basic information including the form of chemical, (liquid, finished or raw), if it is hazardous or non-hazardous, if hazardous –its safe temperature levels;
- Chemical and Physical including pH level as it determines the type of container suitable for shipping your material. The density affects the volume and number of containers and trucks required. And the third is viscosity which typically lets the shipper take the right steps for loading and unloading your consignment.
Make Sure To Choose a Dependable Transporter
In particular, if your consignment is a hazardous chemical or petroleum product, note with diligence that not all shipping companies are fit for this. You need to search for a specialized company that has years of experience in handling hazardous materials. Similarly, depending on the species of hazardous chemicals the shipping company needs to employ the right tank trailers to ensure safe and effective delivery. If you are intended to deliver hazardous chemicals in bulk or petroleum items, you can consider Anahuac transport which has been a distinguished name in the US. Specializing in the domain, they are known for their superior shipping solutions and seamless logistical services. Furthermore, you can get custom shipping solutions from the community as per your need.